Why I won't fix phobos bugs anymore

Pie? via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 2 22:51:02 PDT 2016

On Friday, 3 June 2016 at 05:18:49 UTC, Patrick Schluter wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 June 2016 at 20:20:58 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
>> On 06/02/2016 03:41 PM, Basile B. wrote:
>>> Yesterday I've took the decision not to propose anymore PR
>>> for Phobos
>>> bugfixes, even if most of the time it's easy.
>>>
>>> 1)
>>>
>>> It can take up to 2 or 3 weeks until a "phobos bugfix" get
>>> merged. Even
>>> a straight one.
>>>
>>> 2)
>>>
>>> Once a pr gets the label "@andrei". It basically means that
>>> "it's dead".
>>
>> Also meant to add: email should help. I am currently nursing
>> 3-4 emails that are phobos-related among some 50 other
>> important and urgent emails. There's some Midas effect - every
>> day I wake up thinking "I'll halve my inbox today" and by the
>> evening I still have 50 emails. It's maddening. But please
>> don't take offense. Do email and I'll get to your work. Thanks!
>
> That would be Sisyphus, Midas was the king that starved because
> everything he touches becomes gold.

Kinda silly, right? He could have just easily paid someone to
feed him with all the gold he made, right?

Also, Sisyphus must not have been too crafty! If he spend all
that time digging out the hill then it would have been lower in
gravity and he wouldn't have to carry it for eternity... just
give it a nudge and it would roll down. Hen he could use all that
dirt to build a barricade to keep the boulder from rolling
away(unless it could magically go through the dirt).