std.experimental.alloctor does not work with non default constructible types

maik klein via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 3 04:47:16 PDT 2016

I rely a lot on std.experimental.alloctor for my "game engine". I
have just finished creating my own version for "Algebraic" and I
want to disable to default construction as it would make no sense.

I have also created my own containers, the problem is that I can
not use my version of "Algebraic" in any of my containers because
all of them are using std.experimental.alloctor.makeArray which
can not be used with non default constructible types.

While I don't want to have any default constructed type of
Algebraic, I really don't care for uninitialized values that I
will never use anyway.

I am sure there is a workaround with unions but it would be nice
if makeArray/expandArray would just support non default
constructible types.

Thoughts?