Fixed date to move to ddox for Phobos documentation

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 4 10:25:08 PDT 2016

Am 04.06.2016 um 19:18 schrieb ag0aep6g:
>> * The cheat sheet made sense for the single-page docs but not for the
>> new ones. Consider e.g.
>> http://dlang.org/library/std/algorithm/comparison.html - it's two tables
>> with the same row headings one after another. The information should be
>> consolidated in one table (I'm speaking from the user's perspective; I
>> know it's hard).
>
> I have a pull request open that addresses the issue:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4397
>
> It hides the handcrafted cheat sheets. It's not been pulled yet, because
> the handcrafted cheat sheets may be better than the generated ones.
>
> I haven't been able to figure out how to hide the generated ones. Also,
> the handcrafted ones tend to get outdated which is especially bad with
> DDOX, because you can't just scroll down to it.

I think ideally we could do something like introducing a special
"Cheatsheet" section or macro for each function that DDOX could
aggregate or use instead of the normal short description. Also
interesting (although less so since we started using sub modules) would
be to do the same for a group/category that would be used to group
symbols by other means that simply their type category.

The downside is that the normal Ddoc generated docs couldn't use that
information to display the overview tables like it does now, so it would
make most sense to do this after making the switch.