Blocking points for further D adoption

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 5 07:20:36 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 5 June 2016 at 12:58:56 UTC, David wrote:
> D doesn't offer a lot of return on investment for learning it,

That sort of sets the tone for the rest of your post, doesn't
it...

> ^^^ How is that helpful?

Replied to this on GitHub:
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4397#issuecomment-223813719

> The other beef I see, is that examples for functions seem like
> they are just ripped from random unittests and frequently
> reference other standard library calls without context of what
> they are doing.

Yes, many examples are actually unit tests, to verify that the
displayed examples actually work. Most examples are written in
the style that the result of the documented function is
`assert`ed or `enforce`d to be correct, which may be unusual at
first. The chomp call does seem unnecessary in that example,
though.