Blocking points for further D adoption

David via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 5 07:51:27 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 5 June 2016 at 14:12:53 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
> Maybe it's just a case of bad documentation. Do you think that
> all descriptions in the the cheat sheet are bad, or are some
> acceptable?

For the one I referenced for std.algorithm, I'd say pretty much
all of the descriptions in the cheat sheet were essentially
useless to me. The best description was

among	Checks if a value is among a set of values, e.g. if
(v.among(1, 2, 3)) // v is 1, 2 or 3

Which I guess is better than the rest, but to be honest the
description pretty much confirmed what I had guessed by the name.
So they range from "just barely passing" to "useless" to be a
little brutally honest about it. To be honest I guessed based off
the description that among would return a bool, but it doesn't.
It returns an uint, which brings up more questions...