Fixed date to move to ddox for Phobos documentation

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 5 08:45:11 PDT 2016

On Saturday, June 04, 2016 18:33:40 Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 June 2016 at 16:10:14 UTC, Seb wrote:
> > Imho it's quite impressive that he still pushes the project and
> > as Adam
> > correctly said - we need to make a decision and have a clear
> > deadline like 2.072 will be the last documentation build with
> > ddoc, once it's released we will remove the ddoc Phobos build
> > and make ddox (/library) the standard (with redirect, of
> > course). This gives us also two to three months to test it
> > properly again (it has been tested now for 2.5 years!!) and
> > resolve issues if occurring.
>
> One wholesome switch is probably too harsh. We might discover new
> issues only after the switch. Instead it could be done gradually,
> in this order:
>
> 1. /library/ is promoted as the primary Phobos documentation in
> the site navigation.
> 2. /phobos/ is removed from search indexing.
> 3. /phobos/ is removed from site navigation.
> 4. /phobos/ is removed.
>
> We could start with step 1 upon 2.072's release.

I would point out that removing /phobos/ will break links elsewhere online.
For instance, I know that I've linked to the documentation on numerous
occasions in posts in the newsgroup and in answers on stackoverflow. All of
those will break if /phobos/ is removed. If at all reasonably, possible, the
old links should continue to work, even if they point to the new
documentation.

- Jonathan M Davis