Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 5 21:17:40 PDT 2016

On Monday, 6 June 2016 at 02:30:55 UTC, Pie? wrote:
> Duh! The claim is made that D can work without the GC... but
> that's a red herring... If you take about the GC what do you
> have?

Like 90% of the language, still generally nicer than most the
competition.

Though, I wish D would just own its decision instead of bowing to
Reddit pressure. GC is a proven success in the real world with a
long and impressive track record. Yes, there are times when you
need to optimize your code, but even then you aren't really worse
off with it than without it.