Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 6 00:18:56 PDT 2016

On Monday, 6 June 2016 at 06:50:36 UTC, poliklosio wrote:
> Please, elliminate GC.
> This also hurts the open source community. Why would I
> write/opensource a high performance library if I know that
> projects like AAA games are not going to use it anyway due to
> GC in D?

- well there is an AAA game using it now,
- many existing AAA games have a GC already,
- the GC doesn't prevent anything from being done when it comes
to real-time,
- you lose development time by not having GC,
- preciously few people get to make AAA games anyway, and they
will workaround anything in their path

> On the other hand if I can write a library that guarantees to
> not use and not need garbage collector then even C and C++
> projects can use it.

Even if you use the GC you can make a library that C and C++ can
use.