Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 6 02:09:13 PDT 2016

On Monday, 6 June 2016 at 08:17:44 UTC, ixid wrote:
> On Monday, 6 June 2016 at 07:44:22 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> Where does this impression come from that Windows is a
>> second-class citizen?
>
> 64-bit support seemed to take forever to reach Windows.

Well, that was only because the backend didn't support it
initially. It didn't support Linux, FreeBSD or Mac either. My
understanding is that implementing 64-bit support for those
platforms was fairly easy once support for 32-bit was in place.
64-bit on Windows was a much tougher nut to crack so it took a
long time, but Walter did get it done. So... what's the problem?