Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 6 07:27:52 PDT 2016

> On 6/6/16 6:17 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> Though, I wish D would just own its decision instead of bowing to Reddit
>> pressure.
>
> Writing GC's issues off as pressure from reddit would be an
> understatement. -- Andrei

I agree. It's telling that nearly all real-world examples we've seen
(sociomantic, remedy games, etc.) use D without GC or with specialized
handling of GC.

I've had personal experience with "fixing" performance dramatically by
removing or minimizing GC allocations. It is important to both get the
GC operating more efficiently, and provide easier ways to avoid the GC
(or better tutorials on how to do so).

-Steve