Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Observer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 6 09:43:55 PDT 2016

On Monday, 6 June 2016 at 10:35:40 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 06/06/16 04:20, Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> * Tooling is immature and of poorer quality compared to the
>> competition.
>
> What is the competition in this case?

I write a lot of Perl code, and I swear by perltidy to keep
things clean and neat.  Aside from running on full files to
clean up the mess I often inherit, I have a single-button-press
macro in the editor to invoke it on the current block of code.
I would want similar full-featured capability and convenience
from dfmt (or my own dtidy, if I were up to writing it).