Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 6 10:07:08 PDT 2016

On 06/06/2016 01:49 AM, Ethan Watson wrote:

> I linked my DConf talks on a games industry forum, and the first
> response was that "It looks like a poor man's Rust". A notion I quickly

The games industry (with some exceptions) has a very deeply rooted
mentality of "$$$ matters, everything else is teenagers hacking in their
basement". Naturally leads to: "Rust -> Mozilla -> $$$ -> Valid" vs "D
-> Volunteers -> Kids dinking around -> Worthless bullcrap". Honestly, I
wouldn't even bother trying with that crowd. Let them circle the drain
with their neverending spiral of ballooning-costs.