Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 6 12:43:13 PDT 2016

On Monday, 6 June 2016 at 02:20:52 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> * Hiring people who know D is a problem.
>
> * Documentation and tutorials are weak.
>
> * There's no web services framework (by this time many folks
> know of D, but of those a shockingly small fraction has even
> heard of vibe.d). I have strongly argued with Sönke to bundle
> vibe.d with dmd over one year ago, and also in this forum.
> There wasn't enough interest.

All three of those are affected by documentation and tutorials.
 From this list, this seems to be the biggest issue.

Personally, this is surprising to me. I have read lots of
complaints here in the forum, but I never experienced it myself.
I think my first contact with D was in 2009 or 2010 and the
documentation was certainly not better then. My conclusion is
that I'm not normal. This also means I have a hard time to see
where it should be improved.