Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

tsbockman via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 7 01:38:31 PDT 2016

On Monday, 6 June 2016 at 21:35:20 UTC, DLearner wrote:
> On Monday, 6 June 2016 at 20:19:20 UTC, Observer wrote:
>> And when real-world money is involved, you'd better have
>> arithmetic
>> overflow trigger an exception, not just wrap around silently.
>
> Suggest as compiler option, default=on.

Full compiler-level support is not currently planned, but we've
been working on library support for a while now, and it's almost
ready:
     https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4407
     https://code.dlang.org/packages/checkedint

It's not as fast as a built-in type could be, but still much
faster than BigDecimal.