Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 7 01:57:36 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 7 June 2016 at 08:45:14 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> never seen "this language is used in banking" to be used as the
> main reason for choosing one language over another (outside the
> banking, of course ;-).

True, positioning yourself as a toolmaker for banking/finance is
basically saying it is arcane and slow-moving (like Cobol and
Java).

It does not make you attractive for programmers wanting hardware
access. On the contrary, any language that is stuffed into the
Java category would make me highly sceptical when looking for
system programming tooling.