Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Ethan Watson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 7 03:28:37 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 7 June 2016 at 09:11:38 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> Try tell someone making a 3D engine that your tooling is used
> in banking and that they should switch from C++.
>
> Now, don't feel insulted, but banking/finance is considered a
> boring application area by most programmers I know of.

And yet, the financial/banking sector loves game/engine
programmers because they give a damn about real-time performance.
There are plenty of ex-game-developers in that sector making
three times as much money as they used to.

Not to say that it isn't boring. That's purely a subjective thing.