Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 7 12:43:34 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 7 June 2016 at 19:29:11 UTC, Dave wrote:
> I also 'never' claimed it wasn't possible. Nor that you
> couldn't do it in Go. However, should you...I'm not that
> convinced it's a good tool for the job.

That's right. It isn't. I think the ones looking at Go, just
wanted to use it as a simple starting point and planned to strip
out the GC. I don't know why they didn't want to write their OS
in C, maybe they wanted to add some semantic analysis that isn't
possible in C as part of their research. I just thought the
request was very odd:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/golang-nuts/6dI4vIxRgn8/discussion