Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 7 16:03:04 PDT 2016

On 6/7/2016 3:10 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
> If you think progress on this matters, why are you arguing against it?

I don't believe it is worth the effort. You do. You need to make a better case
for it, and the best way to do that is to actually write a spec. Demanding that
someone (i.e. me) who doesn't believe in it, has a poor track record of writing
specs, and has no academic background in writing proofs, means you aren't going
to get what you want that route.

You've made some valuable contributions to D, in the form of finding problems.
Why not contribute something more substantial, like a spec? You have a good idea
in mind what it should be, just write it.