Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 7 17:39:54 PDT 2016

> It is my opinion that writing off formal proofs of safety is a mistake. Clearly
> we don't have the capability on the core team to work on such. However, I am
> very interested if you'd want to lead such an effort.

On the contrary, I think a formal proof would be very valuable. I am just
skeptical of the notion that a proof is automatically correct. I've read about
mistakes being found in many published mathematical proofs. I read somewhere
that Hilbert made many mistakes in his proofs, even though the end results
turned out correct.