Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Adam Wilson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 7 23:21:35 PDT 2016

Jack Stouffer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 7 June 2016 at 13:39:19 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> I just read elsewhere that a GSoC student is working to achieve the
>> goal of making the GC swappable and adding Reiner's precise scanning
>> GC. I consider this to be essential work, I hope we can get this
>> rolling soon!
>
> https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1581

Feedback is greatly appreciated! If you have an opinion on how to
implement user-selectable Garbage Collection algorithms, please chime
in. That said, we may not include your feedback, being a GSoC project
means that we will need to fast-track merges so as not to block the
student. We'll listen, but we might push that really cool idea of yours
off until after GSoC.

--
// Adam Wilson
// import quiet.dlang.dev;