About GC: The Future of Rust : GC integration

Johan Engelen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 8 08:24:45 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 06:19:08 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> Yes, Inkscape uses the boehm collector, which is the same kind
> of collector D uses. Inkscape feels sluggish.

Wow, I did not expect to see "Inkscape" pop up in the D forums!
Inkscape can be sluggish, but that has nothing to do with GC.

- Johan
(I was one of the main contributors of Inkscape)

[*] For example, many operations result in writing the
human-readable SVG string representation of path data and then
reading that back in again to complete the operation. This is of
course not very fast for large paths.