Version identifier for PS4

Markus Pursche via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 9 06:09:33 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 9 June 2016 at 12:38:51 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> On 10/06/2016 12:30 AM, Johan Engelen wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>   PR 5850 is proposing to add a predefined (reserved) version
>> identifier
>> for the PS4 OS: "PS4" [1].
>> Thanks for your comment (preferably with an alternative
>> suggestion in
>> case you don't like "PS4").
>>
>> Thanks,
>>   Johan
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/5850
>
> "PS4" is really quite short.
>
> "PlayStation4" would be far better that way it isn't an acronym.

As the "author"(?) of that pull request I would love to get a
discussion going.

PS4 vs Orbis vs PlayStation4 so far.

The reason I went for the acronym is that all other tools I could
find with a reference to PS4 used the acronym, I guess that is a
bad reason though.

I am open to making another pullrequest with another identifier
as long as we can get a general consensus about which one to use.