Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 9 14:41:46 PDT 2016

On 6/9/2016 9:44 AM, Yura wrote:
> 4) The C language is well tested and rock solid stable. However, if you
> encounter a potential bug in D, I am not sure how long would it take to fix.

Thanks for taking the time to post here.

Yes, there are bugs in D. Having dealt with buggy compilers from every vendor
for decades, I can speak from experience that almost every bug has workarounds
that will keep the project moving.

Also, bugs in D tend to be with the advanced features. But there's a C-ish
subset that's nearly a 1:1 correspondence to C, and if you are content with C
style it'll serve you very well.