Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 10 07:03:07 PDT 2016

On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 08:29:50 UTC, Yura wrote:
> Another things where I do almost all my mistakes is: array
> bounding/calling the memory which was free => the result is
> undefined behavior. If I remember correctly the D is better
> with that respect?

I think slices and automatic bound checking is the most important
improvement of D over C. An important concern in simulations
(mentioned by one using D in bioinformatics) is correctness: if
you have a bug, the program is not guaranteed to crash, it can
just give an incorrect result.

> Anyway, super easy way to use all C libraries + super active
> support would clearly help to increase D popularity/adoption.
> All other point I raised are perhaps not that important.

I'm not as optimistic about binding C libraries as others :) I
think it requires skills.