The Problem With DIPs

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 10 07:23:14 PDT 2016

On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 10:38:49 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 6/10/16 9:00 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2016-06-09 23:34, Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>>> That doesn't stop anyone from commenting on them, offering
>>> improvements,
>>> doing some promotion of them, organizing handling them, etc.
>>
>> If feel that's a bit pointless if no one with some form of
>> authority
>> will look at it.
>
> It's much better than making informal remarks on the forum,
> which then scroll out of memory. I encourage people who have
> good ideas and are willing and able to take them to completion
> to formulate them as DIPs. Good quality DIPs will eventually
> get discussed more often and end up being implemented. -- Andrei

+1

It's all about working more collaboratively - I believe Dicebot
will do an amazing job as review manager!

If you read his proposed procedure at the WIP-repo
(https://github.com/Dicebot/DIPs), it's about collecting
high-quality DIPs in "Drafts" that are then "brought to the
language authors for review".