I'd love to see DScript one day ...

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 11 03:34:02 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 11 June 2016 at 09:23:55 UTC, Chris wrote:

> However, with `DScript` I meant a new scripting language that
> can draw on the power of D, not necessarily a re-implementation
> of JS. Adam[1] and ketmar[2] have already worked on D based
> scripting languages. I wonder, if there is interest in creating
> a D-based (not `debased`) scripting language. D has features
> that are perfect for scripting or DS languages. Why not try
> something new? Having a child language might also help with D
> development in general, who knows.

The source for the old MiniD language[1] is still available at
DSource. Jarret moved on and converted it to C++ as Croc[2], but
it might be an interesting project to get the old MiniD code
compiling again as a starting point.

[1] http://www.dsource.org/projects/minid/browser/trunk
[2] https://github.com/JarrettBillingsley/Croc