Fixed date to move to ddox for Phobos documentation

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 11 05:24:04 PDT 2016

On Saturday, June 11, 2016 08:48:53 Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On 6/11/16 5:16 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> > On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 17:33:01 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> >> I should add that it would be valuable to keep the ddoc build as well.
> >
> > We need DDoc anyway for the website itself, as well as formats other
> > than the website (e.g. CHM and HTML files distributed with the
> > compiler), so it's not going away.
>
> I mean ddoc for the standard library code. -- Andrei

I'm fine with generating the docs with ddox if that works better, but I sure
hope that we're not going to then change how we're doing the actual
documenattion in the source files except that if ddox is smart enough that
we don't need many of the linking macros, then I could see getting rid of
some of those from the docs.

I expect to be able to use version(StdDdoc) and all that and have it do the
right thing with ddox, or the switch to ddox is going to be very annoying
from the standpoint of maintaining the code. However, I would assume that
that's all already been sorted out, since we've been generating the docs
with ddox alongside the normal documentation for some time now.

- Jonathan M Davis