Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 11 09:58:53 PDT 2016

On 06/06/2016 04:15 AM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:

> 3. Have one lightweight D realized cross platform IDE. Qt us probably
> the best widget set to use for this. My model here is LiteIDE which is
> a Qt-based Go IDE realized in C++. It should of course be realized in
> Go, but there are no Qt bindings for Go, only QML ones.

One thing I've been really wanting to do for awhile (and even moreso
after switching my main desktop to Linux) is take Programmer's Notepad 2
(a windows program, but very lightweight and very nice) and try porting
it to D+Qt (or maybe libui if it gets a Qt backend). Although I don't
know how realistic Qt on D in right now, and I haven't been able to
justify the personal time & energy investment, even as much as I'd like
to :( Just can't find a linux editor I like as much as PN2 :(