I'd love to see DScript one day ...

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 11 11:36:23 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 11 June 2016 at 10:14:25 UTC, qznc wrote:
> I have given up hope for different browser languages than
> Javascript. The problem is not finding a language. A lot of
> people would love to have Lua, Python, or something else and it
> has not happened yet. Dart was the most serious attempt. They
> had full-time people at Google working on it and they gave up.

They didn't give up as they use it internally for their
advertising application. Dart 1.7 was out 2 days ago:

http://news.dartlang.org/2016/06/dart-117-more-performance-improvements.html

I think most people outside Google has given up though. I've
picked up Typescript and I suspect many others have as well.
Typescript is close enough to Javascript to make debugging
reasonable.