I'd love to see DScript one day ...

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 11 13:32:10 PDT 2016

On 6/11/2016 3:07 AM, yawniek wrote:
> On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 22:01:53 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 6/10/2016 3:55 AM, Chris wrote:
>> > Cool. I'd love to see `DScript` one day - and replace JS once
>> and for all ...
>> > well ... just day dreaming ...
>>
>> Dreams are reality:
>>
>> https://github.com/DigitalMars/DMDScript
>
> unfortunately this is unmaintained,

It was working last year, when I got it up on Dub. Dmitry ported it to D2 a
while ago.

There has been a lack of interest in it, and so it doesn't get exercised much.
But it is a fully functional implementation of Javascript. For anyone wanting to
add a scripting language to, say, an IDE written in D, it would be ideal. It
would also be ideal as a starting point if one wanted to invent yet another
scripting language.

> has no docs

There is not much to document. Feed it a Javascript source file and it executes it.

> and isn't working on linux/os x.

http://bugzilla.digitalmars.com/issues/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=.

It has in the past. Probably something trivial.

> having an ecma script implementation that is able to access D data would be very
> usefull
> for performant scripting.

Pull requests are welcome.