Version identifier for PS4

Markus Pursche via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 12 04:08:56 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 12 June 2016 at 06:29:08 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/9/2016 5:30 AM, Johan Engelen wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>   PR 5850 is proposing to add a predefined (reserved) version
>> identifier for the
>> PS4 OS: "PS4" [1].
>> Thanks for your comment (preferably with an alternative
>> suggestion in case you
>> don't like "PS4").
>>
>> Thanks,
>>   Johan
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/5850
>
> As others suggested, me kinda prefer "PlayStation4" as there's
> little doubt what that refers to.

As per popular request I have changed the commit to reserve
"PlayStation" and "PlayStation4".

First of all, if what Johan says is right about "PlayStation"
reserving all additions to the keyword as well (PlayStation4,
PlayStation5, PlaystationOver9000) then my reasoning behind
reserving "PlayStation4" is for claritys sake and for the
documentation.

If it isn't right, "PlayStation" is a good keyword because there
might be a possibility to reuse code between the PS4 and a
theoretical future PS5.