I'd love to see DScript one day ...

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 12 05:42:23 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 12 June 2016 at 12:05:49 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> Conformance would be more important so that you can
> use libraries and compilers that compile to EcmaScript.

That's kinda the problem with dmdscript: it is an excellent and
conformant implementation of Javascript that performed better
than its competitors... many years ago.

The standard has moved on, the bar on performance has raised, and
dmdscript hasn't even kept up with changes in D.

It's still a very good implementation of ECMAScript 3, and with a
bit of D stuff, interfacing with it is reasonably easy, but tbh
it just isn't something I'd use anymore... my script.d is easier
to build and interface for quick toys, and one of the newer JS
engines is better at Javascript itself.