Fixed date to move to ddox for Phobos documentation

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 13 17:31:56 PDT 2016

On 06/11/2016 03:28 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 June 2016 at 19:20:56 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 6/11/16 12:31 PM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>> Are_you_  going to spend time going through every single page in the
>>> documentation, looking to see whether someone asked a question and then
>>> reply to them if they did?
>>
>> I get notified by disqus for new posts. The basic idea is if we don't
>> prime it we'll never have it. -- Andrei
>
> I think it wouldn't be too hard to embed DFeed as a comment system. What
> do you think? Then anyone can subscribe to new comments through the
> usual means. The same solution can be applied to the blog.

I'm thinking the line between good dogfooding and NIH is thin. The real
questions we should be asking ourselves is how well does disqus serve
our purpose, how good a future it has, and how many folks see it as an
unpleasant association. Also, how long it would take to adapt DFeed and
what advantages/liabilities it has.

> I understand that the current bottleneck is someone adding new groups to
> the NNTP server. Can that be resolved?

Walter or Jan should be able to do that. But I'm confused as to how NNTP
groups would help here.

Andrei