I'd love to see DScript one day ...

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 14 03:46:46 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 at 10:16:33 UTC, ketmar wrote:

> you can start with "language report" (i.e. short semi-formal
> description of language). then people will have at least
> something to bikeshed. ;-)

I'd say let's start with as few features as possible and
concentrate on speed (including JIT) and extensibility. With
extensibility I mean a) the language itself, i.e. it should be
easy to extend the language without having to redesign the core
and break everything, and b) easy integration of D and C.

JS will become obsolete when other languages can be compiled to
webasm, which is the right way to go. I wouldn't put too much
effort into JS anymore.