Anybody still using the chm docs

captaindet via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 15 04:54:31 PDT 2016

> It's a huge maintenance effort for us to produce the chm files.
> So I'm wondering if in 2016 someone really needs an offline copy of a
> website shipped with a binary release?

i am very glad the chm file exists whenever i am not online, e.g. on a
plane or train (free wifi is not a given everywhere). finding something
in the local html is quite awkward w/o google...

if it really takes up too much time i will understand if it has to go
too, especially if i a am the minority. just saying: i do use it
occasionally, and whenever i do it is a big help.

/det