Articles/Doc repo on Official dlang github

dewitt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 15 10:51:39 PDT 2016

I don't know if this has been asked before and I am too lazy to
search.  Has anyone brought up the idea of adding a repo to the
official dlang project on github with Articles.  I know the
website has a section but think that a repo with md files might
get more collaboration and result in more useful articles.  I see
with dotnet they have the

https://github.com/dotnet/apireviews

repo that contains a lot of md files some useful and some not so
much.  This is NOT a discussion about the website and peoples
opinion as I have none due to not really looking into the process
one way or another.  I am just wondering if a github repo would
give more visibility and allow for more collaboration and more
information readily available?  Seems there could be more
articles on say the Allocators or best practices for X,Y,Z and
could be actively updated.

I guess one could argue the blog would be the place but I think
the articles currently in the section and more being actively
written may be good and Pull Request would allow a good review
process for them?

No need for a huge discussion or OT on this but looking at this
dotnet example not necessarily the structure of project but
general idea may be useful and see more traffic.  At least I know
I would find it convenient and easily searchable.