Articles/Doc repo on Official dlang github

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 15 13:20:11 PDT 2016

On 6/15/16 3:34 PM, dewitt wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 June 2016 at 18:20:19 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> On 6/15/16 1:51 PM, dewitt wrote:
>>> I don't know if this has been asked before and I am too lazy to search.
>>> Has anyone brought up the idea of adding a repo to the official dlang
>>> project on github with Articles.  I know the website has a section but
>>> think that a repo with md files might get more collaboration and result
>>> in more useful articles.  I see with dotnet they have the
>>
>> They are already on github:
>>
>> https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org
>>

> Are you talking the dd files?  I am saying markdown that you can just
> click in github and view.  If it is the dd files then that process,
> although not hard if more tedious for collaborating than markdown that
> can easily be viewed in my opinion.

The standard on the D website is that they should be in ddoc form. All I
was saying is that you can use github to propose, comment on, or fix
articles already. Yes, github isn't going to render it for you, but
Vladimir's auto-tester will.

>  Plus that consists of the entire
> dlang site.  a separate repo would serve a specific purpose of holding
> articles that people could view easily on github.

Or, we could put the articles in their own directory. The flat structure
of the web site files is pretty difficult to navigate, I think.

-Steve