Telegram Supergroup as an alternative to IRC

Dechcaudron via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 16 15:15:05 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 16 June 2016 at 17:22:47 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> What clients are you using? You might look into another one and
> there's also the bots on the D irc that can help with other
> things, like ".note somebody the bot will give them this
> message when they are next active"
>
> I think chat things accumulate too many features though... they
> lose their value if they aren't simple, I prefer email for
> anything more complex than throw-away lines.

Telegram is dead simple. Things like straight mentioning a user,
"complex" in IRC if you don't have a proper client, can be done
in telegram with a right click.

I understand many of you won't be interested. For the rest, the
supergroup is already up. Just enter
https://telegram.me/dlangTelegram

We're only two people so far, but don't push it, these things
take time. For me, it's way more convenient to use Telegram than
any IRC.

Cheers!