Garbage Collector

Jonathan Marler via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 16 21:20:23 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 15 June 2016 at 13:38:33 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 June 2016 at 13:19:31 UTC, Konstantin wrote:
>> I don’t believe a community is capable of creating a good GC.
>
> you are wrong. and you definitely know nothing about garbage
> collection, virtual machines and code generation. i wonder why
> people keep coming with "suggestions" and "solutions" without
> even a small knowledge in problem field.

That's pretty harsh Ketmar.  It's obvious he knows the general
ideas and was just wondering if using the .NET GC was a viable
option.  I think responding to others in such a demeaning way is
harmful to the D community as it isolates people.  It doesn't
encourage people to be curious or want to start a discussion.
Having people, especially newcomers to D come in and make
suggestions and solutions is a great thing for a community.  It
means they saw enough potential in the language to want to know
more and maybe even how they could contribute.