Areas of D usage

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 17 03:48:23 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 15 June 2016 at 20:01:09 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 June 2016 at 23:57:55 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
>>>
>>> The Javascript JIT Compiler Higgs:
>>> https://github.com/higgsjs/Higgs
>>>
>>> Vibe.d needs some examples. Looks like their website does not
>>> have any.
>>
>> Wasn't too many clicks away to get to the tutorial on building
>> a chat service.
>
> Thanks a lot for all your help!
> The initial version is online now & please feel invited to
> improve upon this document:
>
> http://dlang.org/areas-of-d-usage.html

"For example have a look at the cross-platform 3D game engine
Dash or at the D game development toolkit gfm. "

Better not mention either! GFM is a pile of mostly useless
uncontroversial code I wrote that is very far from what an engine
would look like. It does barely anything.

DASH was ambitious enough to be mentionned but developement has
stalled unfortunately.

Do mention Derelict instead!

It is my opinion that the people that need social proof don't
want to see such projects but only the high-profile ones like
Remedy's game.