Cross platform android ldc compiler

Andre Pany via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 17 04:48:23 PDT 2016

Hi,

I want to share an idea with you. I do not know how far I will
come myself with this idea due to my lack of linux and ldc
knowledge.

There is a great virtualization tool called docker. With this
tool it is possible to create images of software tools. This
images
will run out of the box on every system (mac/linux/windows).

I think of a docker image containing ldc and all necessary
dependencies
for compiling an android/ios application. The D source code you
can store in a shared directory between your host system and the
docker virtual system. The docker image could in addition provide
a web interface to start the compilation/linking process.

In the end, if you have the docker image, you will have s.th.
like a
"D android compiler as a service" which works on every major
operation system. Just install docker and select the image from
the free
docker marketplace.

Kind regards
André