std.experimental.checkedint is ready for comments!

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 17 16:53:45 PDT 2016

On 6/17/2016 3:17 PM, Robert burner Schadek wrote:
> * Andrei, Walter create a specific task list and designs

I do all the time. The net result - nothing happens.

People do what they want to do when it's volunteer work. Presenting people with
a list of things to work on does not result in work getting done on it.

 > you two have to delegate/trust other people/lieutenants

We've done a lot of that. For example, Andrei is in charge of the library.
Several people are empowered to pull stuff. Brad is in charge of the autotester
and bugzilla. Martin handles releases. Mike is in charge of the blog. Dicebot
recently took charge of DIPs. Etc. etc.

A common theme there, however, is they are self-selected. Assigning people to do
things has never worked.

Realistically, however, the review of SafeInt was delegated. tsbockman received
a lot of feedback, advice, and ideas from the community. If Andrei's comments
are all wrong-headed, that's one thing. But if they are on target, then we as a
community need to get better when we advise and comment on proposals. Including me.

 > rant off

So please excuse my counter-rant :-)