Possible bug in std.path?

Hugo via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 19 15:38:44 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 19 June 2016 at 17:49:55 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
> I don't know if you can solve this with regex alone. May depend
> on what exact behavior you want. Maybe just write a little
> function instead that splits the command line, handling quotes
> and such as you want. If you're not comfortable writing this,
> then maybe you're in over your head here.
>
> Of course, all this wouldn't be necessary if you could change
> the command line instead to conform with the usual syntax. If
> the weird behavior you're going for is just personal
> preference, and there's no actual need, I'd suggest to just
> write the command lines in the normal way with escape sequences
> (i.e. "foo\\" to get a trailing backlash instead of a trailing
> quote).

What you suggest is non-standard in Windows, and besides I might
not be the only user of the application.

I was thinking in doing pecisely what you suggest, writing a
little function.

I like programming little apps now and then as a hobby, but
giving up every time I encounter a difficulty is not for me. I
was just asking in case some of the experienced D programmer here
could recommend an efficient and preferably simple way to do it.
;)