Parameterized inheritence issues, bug or ignorance?

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 19 18:03:40 PDT 2016

On Monday, 20 June 2016 at 00:34:18 UTC, Joerg Joergonson wrote:
> Can I just force the cast in some way if I know good an well it
> works for ever? Or do I have to write extra code to get around
> axiom: "We did this to save you trouble because we know better
> than you what you are doing. Go forth and write more code!"?

If you want to convert between class references by means of
pointer repainting, you can do so by casting to void* in between.

As a side note, you might want to revisit your OOP terminology –
in both this and the dm.D.learn thread, you are referring to
down/upcasting in the reverse sense compared to the common
definition.

  — David