Possible bug in std.path?

Hugo via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 19 22:11:12 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 19 June 2016 at 23:01:26 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> One potentially simple option would be to preprocess it by
> doing a .replace(`\"`, `\\"`) then pass to CommandLineToArgvW
> to hack in the extra slash...

The problem with that approach is that replace does not work with
wchar*. I might convert it to string, replace and then typecast
as wchar* again because that's what CommandLineToArgvW expects,
but when I try to convert the output to strings again, all I get
are memory addresses instead. It seems something is lost during
conversion or typecast.