Phobos Action Items

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 20 05:51:28 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 18 June 2016 at 20:04:50 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Starting a new thread with this, as requested. There are things
> here for all skill levels and time commitments.
>
> 3. use -cov to improve code coverage of Phobos unittests
>
> 4. make sure every function in Phobos has an example
>
> 5. make sure every function in Phobos has Params: and Returns:
> sections
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Phobos_Documentation_-_call_to_action_258777.html

Maybe someone would like to go a step meta and look into
automatically tracking and checking things first? Here is what
autotester (or some other tool) could do:

* Check for a lower bound of coverage, so we never regress.

* Check documentation for Example, Params:, Returns:

* Check for broken links

By tracking I think: Count the stuff above and plot over time.
Somebody did this for the number of pull requests, for example.
This in itself does not fix anything, but it motivates. "Measure
it and it will improve" –Jack Welch