problem using ldc 1.0.0 as D compiler

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 20 06:08:15 PDT 2016

Hi Antonio,

On Monday, 20 June 2016 at 11:28:58 UTC, Antonio Corbi wrote:
> ./ldcfail
> Fatal Error while loading '/usr/lib/libphobos2-ldc.so.70':
>         The module 'std.regex.internal.parser' is already
> defined in './ldcfail'.
>
> […]
>
> Is this a bug in ldc or is it somehow related to my code?
> Thanks for your help.

This is a bug in LDC, or rather its interplay with certain system
linker versions. This issue has also been reported at
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/1534, but we are not
sure how to reproduce it yet. Could you please add your test case
and system details there? (Of particular interest are the version
of the Linux distribution you are using, and `ld --version`.)

As a workaround, you can always use Phobos as a static library in
the meantime (e.g. from our the binary release packages).

  — David