Examples of dub use needed

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 20 23:30:11 PDT 2016

On 2016-06-21 06:42, Guido wrote:
> Dub doesn't really work like other package managers. When I load a package:
>
> dub fetch scriptlike
>
> It stores it someplace and doesn't say where. You have to run 'dub list'
> to figure out where. That's is very different than other packages. It
> deserves a bigger mention in the meager documentation.

Dub doesn't install packages. It's not a tool meant for end users. If
you want something installed in the traditional sense it should go in
the system package manager.

> I've been trying to init a project using the command
>
> dub -init -f sdl trickproject
> -or-
> dub -f sdl -init trickproject
>
> and nothing seems to parse.

The correct way is:

dub init trickproject -f sdl

Note that "init" is a command and not a flag. You can run "dub --help"
to see the "init" command. The run "dub init --help" to see that help
for that specific command.

--
/Jacob Carlborg