Examples of dub use needed

ZombineDev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 21 14:39:00 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 21 June 2016 at 20:38:05 UTC, poliklosio wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 June 2016 at 08:58:59 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> But it is indeed supposed to be rare case and I do recommend
>> to install such tools via system package manager instead
>> whenever possible. So yes, you don't need `dub fetch` at all
>> for most part.
>
> Yes, it is best not to interfere with system package managers
> if they exist. On the other hand how do you install end-user
> tools like dcd, dfmt on windows, other than git clone + build?
>
> I'm wondering why are packages updated so rarely on the dub
> repository?
> For example I have dfmt 0.5.0, while dub fetch installs 0.4.5

`dub fetch` downloads the latest stable version if the
`--version=` option is not specified. dfmt 0.5.0 is still in
beta, according to latest tag in the repository.
`dub search` on the other hand lists only the latest version, so
you can use that (in combination with `dub fetch --version=`) to
get the latest version.