Phobo's migration

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 23 01:55:07 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 at 17:55:11 UTC, Joerg Joergonson
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 at 16:51:32 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 at 16:44:25 UTC, Joerg Joergonson
>> wrote:
>>> How bout Freezing Phobos, except for bugs and start migrating
>>> it to Phobos 2.0?.
>>
>> This would kill the language.
>
> How is that? That makes no sense. If Phobo's is production
> ready as claimed then freezing it can't make it automagically
> non-production ready, can it?

The DMD developers refuse to use Phobos in the D compiler, so
Phobos is obviously not production ready.

(Plenty of compilers use the C++ standard library.)

I agree with the need for a D3 and a completely redesigned
standard library though. But it will only happen as a fork, not
from within the current team...